Kogniz is committed to being transparent and accountable to all stakeholders. We implement our Code of Conduct and high ethical principles into every aspect of our technology. Whenever possible, we use technology to assist in enforcing our Code of Conduct. Kogniz and its’ customers are committed to adhering to our Code of Conduct. Opting in to our Code of Conduct is mandatory for all customer engagements.
01. Personally identifiable information that we collect
To provide the Site, we may collect and process certain personal information that you voluntarily submit to us, such as through our contact pages, by email, by seeking employment with us, or some other means. We take care to keep this information secure and prevent any unauthorized access or unlawful use of it as described in the “Security” section below.The personal information you may provide to us could include your name, address, date of birth, gender, email addresses and/or mobile phone numbers.
02. Non-personal or aggregate information that we collect
When you visit the Site, we may automatically collect certain non-identifying information about you, such as the type of browser or device operating system you use, the domain name of the website from which you linked to us, the amount of time you spend on the Site and the pages on the Site that you view. We may also aggregate information collected from our users (such as the number of users in a particular region or having particular characteristics).
03. Information usage
The information we collect about you or you provide to us will be used to provide you with information and any other services associated with them. In addition, we may use your personal information:
- To respond to your direct queries.
- Operate the Site and to provide you with any specific services that you have requested.
- To add you to our mailing lists and to send you emails from time to time.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To create profiles to help us analyze or predict your personal preferences or interests for marketing purposes.
- We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please let us know as described in the “Opt-Out Process” section below.
You may withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information at any time by contacting us at email@example.com; however, in that event, we may be unable to provide services to you.
04. Information sharing
We may disclose and market aggregated information about users of our Site, and aggregated information collected via our Site, that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We will only share your personal information as described below, unless you have specifically consented to another type of use, either at the time the personal information is collected from you or through some other form of consent from you.
We may disclose your personal information:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Kogniz’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Kogniz about our users is among the assets transferred.
- To other third parties, to allow them to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep your personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see the “Opt-Out Process” section below.
- To fulfill any purpose for which you provide it.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our contract terms and conditions, including for billing and collection purposes.
- To investigate suspected fraud, harassment or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, or the policies for the Site.
05. Collection, use and storage of biometric data
Kogniz offers customers the ability to use biometrics, including facial recognition technology software. Kogniz relies on the terms and performance of the contract with our customers to lawfully process biometrics obtained through the use of the Kogniz services. We use biometrics solely for the purposes requested by our customers. Kogniz takes reasonable steps to safeguard this data against unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
Kogniz’ customers are responsible for developing and implementing their own biometric privacy policies. Other requirements or restrictions may apply to biometrics beyond those mentioned in this section in accordance with applicable law in your jurisdiction.
06. Interest-based advertising
We may directly or through a third-party vendor use non-personally identifiable information in connection with our own or our vendors’ information to display or deliver targeted advertising to you on our Site and to manage our advertising on other sites. Cookies, clickstream data, web beacons and other similar technologies may be used to collect information in order to provide personalized advertising. For example, if you are searching for information on a particular product, we or our vendors may cause an advertisement to appear on other websites you view with information on that product. This form of advertising, sometimes called “interest based advertising,” is based on anonymous information and not on any personal information. As a result, we and our vendors know your interests, but do not personally identify you in connection with the delivery of that specific ad. We believe that such advertising is helpful because you will see advertisements that are relevant to your interests. However, if you would like to opt-out of these interest-based advertisements, please follow the opt-out process described below under “Interest Based Advertising Opt-Out.”
08. Clickstream data
As you use the Internet, a trail of electronic information is left at each website you visit. This information, which is sometimes referred to as “clickstream data,” can be collected and stored by a website’s server. Clickstream data can tell us the type of device and browsing software you use and the address of the website from which you linked to the Site. We may collect and use clickstream data to anonymously determine how much time visitors spend on websites, how visitors navigate throughout websites and how we may tailor our Site to better meet consumer needs. This information will be used to improve our Site. Any collection or use of clickstream data will be anonymous and will not intentionally contain any personal data.
We have implemented technical and organizational measures, appropriate to the risk, to protect your personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration and unauthorized disclosure or access. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information provided online.
We retain your personal information, if provided by you through the Site, for as long as your inquiry is active (as determined by us) and for a reasonable time thereafter, or if applicable, for as long as you remain on our marketing list. We also may retain your personal information for a longer period of time on the basis of our legitimate interests in providing our Site and services to you or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements. Even if we delete some or all of your personal information, we may continue to retain and use aggregated or anonymous data previously collected so that it can no longer be used for personal identification and/or anonymize or aggregate your personal information. Please note that we will not be liable for disclosures of your data due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties.
11. Other site
As a convenience to you, we may provide links to third party websites from within the Site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these third-party sites, and by providing a link we are not endorsing or promoting such third party sites. When you link away from our Site, you do so at your own risk. We encourage you to read the policies and terms of every website you visit.
12. Social networking services
The Site may integrate with social networking services. You understand that we do not control such services and are not liable for the manner in which they operate. While we may provide you with the ability to use such services in connection with our Site, we are doing so merely as an accommodation and, like you, are relying upon those third-party services to operate properly and fairly.
You should be aware that personal information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, social network or otherwise online may be viewed and used by others. We are unable to control such uses of your personal information, and by using such services you assume the risk that the personal information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties.
13. Information relating to children
14. Communications with Kogniz
15. Opt-out process
If you receive a promotional email from us, you may unsubscribe from promotional emails through a link, typically at the bottom of the email.
As noted above, you may opt-out of or restrict the placement of cookies on your device or remove them from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on many mobile devices. However, on many mobile devices, application users may opt out of certain mobile ads via their device settings.
If you do not want us to use your personal information for our marketing purposes, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you withdraw your consent to such use.
16. Interest-based advertising opt-out
We may, and may work with third parties, to use non-personal information to deliver targeted advertisements to you based upon your online activities and other information. The online advertising industry provides a service through which you may opt-out of receiving targeted ads from certain data partners and other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. We comply with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising set forth by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You can opt-out of targeted advertising from certain providers at www.aboutads.info/consumers.
Please note that by opting out, you will continue to see generic advertising that is not tailored to your specific interests and activities. To be clear, whether you are using our opt-out or an online industry opt-out, these cookie-based opt-outs must be performed on each device and browser that you wish to have opted-out. For example, if you have opted out on your device browser, that opt-out will not be effective on your mobile device. You must separately opt out on each device.
17. Do not track signals
Please note that we do not respond to or honor “do not track” signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
18. International transfers
19. Your European Union privacy rights
If you are located in the European Union, you have certain additional rights with respect to your personal information under the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (the “GDPR”), including the following:
- The right of access to your personal information.
- The right to rectify your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete.
- To add you to our mailing lists and to send you emails from time to time.
- The right to have your personal information erased (“right to be forgotten”) if certain grounds are met.
- The right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information at any time (if our processing is based on consent).
- The right to object to our processing of your personal information (if processing is based on legitimate interests).
- The right to object to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- The right to receive your personal information from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and the right to transmit your personal information to another controller without hindrance from us (data portability).
- If you are or have been our customer, we may send you marketing communications based on our legitimate interests, subject always to your right to opt out of such communications. We will never share your personal information with a third party for such third party’s marketing purposes unless you have specifically consented to us doing so.
You may contact us at email@example.com to exercise any of the above rights. We may request specific information from you to confirm your identity, and in some circumstances, we may charge a reasonable fee for access to your personal information. Furthermore, if you believe that our processing of your personal information is inconsistent with your data protection rights under the GDPR and we have not adequately addressed your concerns, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority of your country.
For purposes of the GDPR, we are a “controller”, and you are a “data subject.”
Your California privacy rights
California law permits customers in California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for those third parties’ own direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may request such information from us by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.Any such request must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
21. Questions and comments